Contents | < Browse | Browse >
0E. changes / history / new features
New in v3.3a:
- significantly improved version of EasyGUI, including the SOURCE!
- new version of EDBG which a.o. now cooperates with Explorer
(see 17K for a full list of new features and bugs fixed).
Now comes with source code as well!
- new version of EBuild
- various new examples, e.g. a texturemapper
- new versions of many modules and examples
- revised docs, e.g. a new "known-bugs" list.
- some new builtins, e.g. the Arc float functions.
- LIBRARY mode now has a PROC close() to match main()
- two (!) new class libraries now part of the distribution,
Gregor's OO modules and Fabio's AFC.
Bugs fixed in v3.3a:
- EC now saves debug information for "self", and EDBG makes use of it.
- OPT RTD removed.
- ENUM now works with negative numbers
- module-cache flushing now definitely fool proof.
- and many smaller bugs...
New in v3.2i:
- make sure you read about the bug in mathieeesingbas.library (see 12D ) (!)
- You can explicitly assign registers in own libraries (e.g. `myfun(A0)').
- `find' in EDBG
- Iconvert supports PhxAss (with "-p")
- quite a few things in the distribution
Bugs fixed in v3.2i:
- methods with an exception handler could cause problems in the register
- various bugs in EDBG (scroller etc.)
- double declaration of object or label identifiers could go unnoticed
- EC would have problems flushing modules from different directories (now it
only looks for the file-part and flushes it).
- problems could occur with method being called before their OBJECT declarations.
- and various smaller bugs...
New features in v3.2e:
- better EasyGUI (plugins)
- better EDBG (Arexx port and config saving)
Bugs fixed in v3.2e:
- procident.member gave weird errors
- preprocessor failed on 68000 in particular situations
- preprocessor didn't handle international characters
- '\0' in strings would cut them off
- EC would Lock() with an illegal mode from other dirs
- $FFFF as default arg became $FFFF0000
- macro errors could cause garbage to be printed on screen
- /* */ in comments failed
- inheriting from yourself wasn't detected
- didn't accept 0(A3,a) or 0(A3,a.L) or lab(PC,a) etc. where a:REG
- AND.L D0,a where a:REG changed src-dest
New features in v3.2a:
- EC can now output .library files!!! (see 17M )
- new EDBG with a massive amount of new features! (see 17K )
- enhanced EasyGUI (have a look)
- NEW and END now work on subobjects as well (see 4K ).
- NILCHECK/S, will insert code to check all "." and "" dereferences for
NIL pointers (see 0D )
- v40 emodules, with types!
- new modules (Src/Class/ScrollWin/ and others)
- new docs / beginners guide
- extended distribution with Jason's RKRM examples etc.
Bugs fixed in v3.2a:
- IGNORECACHE was broken
- silly bug in /2
- asm -xx(Ax,Dx.w) addressing mode assembled wrong
- a-- where a:PTR TO o where SIZEOF o>8 translated into ADDI ipv SUBI
- globals in modules used in inline asm were not exported / offsets adjusted
- exp*globvar in module not compiled ok
- macros of other module would be saved again in current module
- and quite a few smaller ones...
a version history:
vers date EC k comment
v0.3 sep 91 5 first version that outputs executables
v1.0 may 92 20 builtins and library calls, usable for small tools
v2.0 okt 92 38 v37 modules usable, language pretty "complete"
v2.1a jan 93 44 first public release
v2.1b apr 93 45 bug fix, few new features. current version for >1 year
v3.0a jul 94 82 enormous amount of new features. E gets a price tag.
v3.0b sep 94 82 bug fix
v3.0e nov 94 83 bug fix
v3.1a dec 94 85 EDBG, preprocessor etc.
v3.1i jun 95 83 new EDBG etc.
v3.2a jul 95 85 .library mode
v3.2e nov 95 85 new EDBG, EasyGUI, bugfixes.
v3.2i nov 96 86 bugfixes, various
v3.3a okt 97 86 bugfixes, new EDBG/EasyGUI/modules/classes/sources etc.